Tuesday, June 1, 2010

encouragement.....




thanks JenS for the encouragement! yes indeed---u'r a grand mentor and I appreciate you so much! I had planned on doing my training run Sunday morning...so when I got your email Saturday afternoon....and learned that you and Joyce had done 22 already-----well.......I knew then that I too would do more than the 20 that was on CoachJoe's schedule for the week!

Sunday morning came w/ lightening and much rain........so----back to bed I went (I knew I had Memorial Day still to get done!)...........

Monday came - 3:15am the alarm alarmed! I said a quick good-morning to Tim and headed out to the couch.... then snooze I did as usual..... 3:45am----oatmeal was in the microwave! all the other rituals took place....you know what they are! 4:40am----out the door and away I went..........beautiful morning......cool'ish and a light breeze.........was glad I waited til Monday!!!!! check out the map.......I've not done so much zig-zagging and zag-zigging before! but wanted to get some extra variety in and just a tad bit more mileage.....some beachside travel (o the sunrise was amazing!), 4 bridges, some rocks along the railroad tracks and then decided to turn down Uncle Bruce's road to see if he might be outside....if I had figured right....that would put me at almost 22miles-----he was and we had a great chat while I cooled down............and I was reminded again why we're all doing what we're doing and have a couple more names to add to my t-shirt!!!!!

21.5 miles later - I thank you Jen and thank you everybody else for your encouragement and support-----together we will make a difference and win this battle.................

1 comment: