Sunday, June 6, 2010

we're tapering.............

so Saturday was fun.....I had decided it would be a morning for just a short-short bit of exercise....so I slept in....... had my runnin' shoes on by 7:40am'ish..... it was a beautimous morning...... then my fone rang!!! what a treat....good friend Yvonne and I got some good quality time in and chatted and chatted..........while I walked and walked! and so by then I had reached the 17th street bridge....and decided to call nephew Conor......he didn't answer----but walk on I did! got to his Nana's house and woke him up....and away we went - to South Beach.......played in the surf some w/ nephews R2 and Roger, and MeeMaw too............then Conor and I walked back to his house!!!! Kristy took me home---she was ready for a "Dunkin break" anyway....and boy was I glad.....11+ miles later!!!!!




and then came today - we're tapering (thank you CoachJoe!).....so that means I only had 16 miles on the agenda for today! you know the routine
....3:15am....snooze.....oatmeal....snooze....ibuprofen.....grease up and get dressed! out the door/drive-way by 4:3oam! what a georgeous moon this morning! did you see it?!!! wow!!! stayed in the neighborhood....just cause I could......today - works out pretty good......from our driveway to 20th - 1mile..........easy to calculate! out-and-back and out-and-back and so on...! about mile 11 I was getting a little bored....so did some looping around's............worked out great!!!! just about the time I was finishing up........got to talk to Linda----and wish her a most fab day in O-town at the show!!!!! averaged about 11.5minutes/mile.......not too bad.... I'm wondering tho----will this humidity help us out in Alaska?!!!!!!!!!!!! here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so that's how I started my day........it got better from there..............breakfast w/ the newphews.....then 5th grade graduation/celebration for Robbie2-----------wonderful day!!!

here's to you all----thanks as always for your support------- did I tell you? part of my "virtual" Leukemia Team was in San Diego this weekend----the Rock-n-Roll marathon was yesterday.......that was my first marathon.....12 years ago! I know they had fun......and many thanks to them too for all their hard work and fund-raising efforts!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. great blog update! sounds awesome! Great Job! I saw Pete Marini yesterday.....talked to him for a while. He's doing Tris now too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! Your energy and commitment helps keep us motivated.Won't be long now before we are all in AK. The weather should be cool (to us) a real bonus. See you soon, Jen

    ReplyDelete